Odds and Ends in Quotes: The Matty and/but Mostly Fes Chapter
1. Matt Harpring: “If you want Carmelo smiling in the fourth quarter after he makes a couple of shots, then that’s on you. That’s a pride thing, when you’re guarding someone. If it’s me, I’m fouling out before that happens. You don’t go out without fighthing.” (And when he says “fighting,” you know he means it literally. Miss ya Matty.)
2. Fes: “I always know that me and Kosta–both of us, we can play one position and get 12 fouls.”
3. More Fes: “Kyle told me to listen to mellow music. It kind of worked, but not really. I still got into foul trouble.”
4. Even more Fes (mp3): [Do you take your job more seriously than when you first came into the league?] “…I don’t even think I make more than five jokes a day. That’s not usual for me.” [There’s one [joke].] “Well, it’s not a game day.”
5. Even even more Fes: [Matty gave the Jazzmen some defensive advice prior to Game 2.] “I saw in [Nene’s] eyes that he wanted to do the spin move on the baseline. I did what Matt told me, and he obviously didn’t do his move.”
Fesenko was reveling in the unprecedented attention he was getting from reporters before Wednesday’s practice as his teammates chuckled and teased him about his moment in the limelight. (AP)
As far as I’m concerned, any media attention Fes gets is good for Jazz fans. I think I’ve said it before, but Fes’ Andre the Giant voice is hilarious in and of itself.