Off-Day Odds and Ends
1. Raja Bell has been released by the Warriors. KOC, please sign him immediately. I know he likely won’t be able to play in the post-season, but I want him more for his leadership and toughness than anything else. Despite the logjam situation, we need his Matty-enforcing-”you hit my guy, I got his back” mentality. I honestly think his presence on the team makes us a possible contender. Even better, he already knows the system.
2. I admit it–I snickered when I read about CP3′s return yesterday. Why? Because before we played the Hornets two games ago, I was thinking to myself that even if Chris was ready to return that night, he’d probably postpone his return by one game. When did he make his return? The game after the Hornets played the Jazz. Connection? ;-)
3. Raptors’ Antoine Wright, do we need to put you on suicide watch?
“I don’t know Sloan personally, but from what I have heard he is a pretty tough guy. I think I could take him,” Wright cracked after Raptors practice Tuesday. “I will be looking forward to a fight after the game.” (The National Post)
Even at 70 years old, my money’s on Jerry LOL.
More from Wright: “His guys are very, very well coached,” Wright said. “And very well disciplined, and you would think that that would come from their leader.”
4. NBA TV (2:00 mark): You mentioned Jerry Sloan getting on you guys at halftime. What is your favorite Sloan-ism, the one thing you’re going to hear from him five times a game?
CJ: Uh…I can’t say it on TV. (laughs)
5. Hellooooo, Bye Week. See if you can pick out which team is mine, based on the team name or the fact that I just told you I’m enjoying a Bye Week.
P.S. Why is KFAN STILL bagging on Ronnie Brewer? The opening smash on Locked on Sports included a comparison of CJ and Ronnie B’s averages. What’s the point? The trade is way in the past, and you’re really just making yourself look bad. Ronnie is gone. Get off his back. Sheesh.
P.P.S. Denver playing the Knicks is like being caught between a rock and a hard place. You really don’t know who to root for.